Head to celeb parents Neri Naig's and Chito Miranda's Instagram accounts and you'll very quickly realize why they're so in love with their son Miggy who is turning 2 years old this year. Here we list down just some of the reasons we're so fond of him too:
1. He's funny! Don't believe us? Here is a short clip of him making his mom laugh as he pretends to tip over on his rocking horse that dad Chito brought home from a trip. (By the way, we love this toy horse!)
2. He’s magana kumain. Neri shares, "Sobrang thankful ako at di mahirap pakainin ang anak ko. Di siya mapili sa food." Miggy loved the brocolli and salmon bowl his mom made him — delicious and nutritious!
Neri also came up with a baby-friendly (a.k.a. no added sugar) Oatmeal Banana Cookies recipe that the little boy loves. Find it here.
3. He has a fondness for all sorts of creatures. We were amazed and in awe of how gentle, curious, and unafraid Miggy was of a salagubang (beetle) in one of Neri's Instagram posts. He held it in his hands, let it crawl on his leg, and set it down on the ground to watch it some more (see it here). Below is another video of him with the critters taken by dad.
These aren't his parents' only posts of him fascinated with a living creature either. They have documented him holding a duckling, dipping his hands in a pale with a tilapia, and even having his picture taken with a snake at a zoo.
4. He a budding little artist, musician, and athlete. Dad Chito says Miggy has lots to keep him busy at home including a paint sets, and mini versions of a basketball hoop, keyboard, drumset, and guitar. "We expose him to everything na pwede niya pagtripan kasi we believe that it is never too early to nurture, encourage, and enhance his skills."
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
"Same thing with Miggy's paintings," he adds. "Neri buys him everything he needs to paint, and she lets him play with them. Hinahayaan nya lang talaga magkalat sa library. Neri then takes the paintings, the ones that she finds visually appealing, to have them framed, tapos dini-display nya.
There should be a course on how to brush a toddler's teeth (with clipping his nails as another one) because every parent knows that it's a tough job all on its own. But, mom Neri will probably only need a few classes as little Miggy's already almost completely obliging to having his pearly whites cleaned — as long as there's something good on TV.
6. He already loves books! Mom Neri introduced story time to Miggy even as a baby and we like to think this contributed a lot to why her tot loves books now.
"Gusto niya ng binabasahan siya ng libro at talagang nakikinig siya at may interaction. Nakakatuwa kase kahit bata pa ay mahilig na siya sa libro," mom shares. Above is Miggy fully engrossed in a book while Chito wrestles with sleepiness. Cute!
7. He's pilyo...and the reason for his parents happiness and fulfillment.
Neri and Chito like to tease that Miggy is very pilyo — he never fails to make them smile. They also like to gush about him so much that Chito jokingly apologized for flooding his Instagram account with posts about his little boy.
"Kahit stressed at pagod si Mommy, ikaw lang ay sapat na. Napapawi na lahat ng pagod ko. Hindi ako napapagod at nagrereklamo sa pag aalaga sayo anak," says Neri.