- Preschooler Guide To Tuition Fees Of Homeschool Providers In NCR And Laguna
- Home Busy Lagi? May Nadiskubre Kaming Mabilis Na Paraan Ng Paglilinis
- Health & Nutrition First Trimester: Everything You Need To Know About Prenatal Care During COVID-19
- Wellness 8 K-Drama Rom-Coms Moms Love That Will Give You An Overdose Of 'Kilig'
Roomful of Learners: Center for Children with Learning DifficultiesThis new center in Ortigas has a special curriculum designed specifically to help prepare children with learning disabilities for school.
The task of teaching their kids how to read and write can already be an overwhelming challenge for any parent. But how much more difficult would it be if your child had a learning difficulty?
“I’ve worked with (kids with) learning disabilities for so long,” says Pia Alpapara-Pulido, who currently handles the Reading Intervention Classes and Mainstream Readiness Program at the Roomful of Learners Center for Children with Learning Difficulties (formerly Pocketful of Kids) in Ortigas, Pasig City.
Pulido is not new to the profession. For eight years, she also handled classes at Therabilities, a center which provides occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech pathology for children with learning disabilities. She explains the goals and programs of the Center to smartparenting.com.ph :ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Reading Intervention Programs
This program is intended for those who have an eagerness for learning but are just beginning to read. One-on-one teaching, for Pulido, helps promote a more positive experience.
“It’s like tutoring, but we’re not just helping with their homework. We’re targeting a skill,” Pulido stresses.
This early intervention program is divided into three age groups:
• Beginning Readers (for children 3 to 5 years old)
• Comprehension Help (for children ages 5 and up)
• Intensive Reading (for children 6 years old and up)ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Click here to learn more about Roomful of Learners' mainstream readiness program.1 of 3 NEXT
Trending in Summit Network