- Baby 60 Lovely Gender-Neutral Names That You Can Choose Even Before The Baby Arrives
- Party Planning DIY Bee-Themed Birthday Party Sa Halagang Php20,000
- Gift Guide 7 Useful Christmas Gifts Family And Friends Will Love That They Won't Buy For Themselves
- Family Fun Christmas Displays, Holiday Dishes, Potluck Promos! What To Do On November 16 To 17
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Having Another BabyThinking of another baby? Have you thoroughly thought it through? Here are some questions that may be helpful as you grow your family.
So, baby made three, right? You’re sailing along perfectly, having hurdled the challenges of being a first-time parent but now you’re wondering: am I ready for another baby? Perhaps your firstborn is already a toddler or preschooler. Perhaps you’ve always wanted a brood of three. Or, maybe well-meaning friends and relatives have been dropping hints about this being the right time for another baby. Only you can choose when it’s the right time.
Having another child is a serious business. By now, you know that it takes a lot of resources to raise a child. As they say, it even takes a village! It will require a lot from you physically, psychologically and spiritually.
So, before you start going ahead and making plans, here are five questions to help you weigh in if it’s the right time to have another baby.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
1. Do my husband and I agree that we should have another baby? If only one of you wants the baby, you may encounter issues later on. Be sure to discuss this openly and agree wholeheartedly as a couple. You and your spouse are the core of your family and this choice should be a joint one. Go through your main reasons for having another baby and see if you are both aligned.
2. Am I really ready for another baby and all those sleepless nights? Maybe you’ve gone back to work and you’re up for a promotion. Maybe you’re not as stressed and it would be the perfect time to expand your family. Think about your lifestyle today and how it will change with a new baby. This is one factor to consider. Maybe, you really do want another baby but perhaps just not this year.
3. Is my body ready for another baby? You may have had gestational diabetes during your first pregnancy. Maybe you haven’t lost all the weight that you gained. Or, maybe you just had a baby or are still breastfeeding. Having another baby means being physically prepared to carry it through to term. Expect the best for you and your next baby by starting your pregnancy right.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Click here to see more questions to ask yourself if you're ready to have another baby.1 of 2 NEXT