- Tweens & Teens Sumasagot Na? Moms Weigh In When Talking Back To Isn't Always A Bad Thing
- Money Grow Your Savings! 3 Digital Banks That Offer High Interest Rates
- Preschooler Mas Maganda Nga Ba? Ano Ang Blended Learning Approach At Paano Ito Gawin
- Home Homeschooling Room Ideas: Set Up Your Child For Success!
Your Pregnancy Milestones: Fourth Month (What’s going on?)
What’s going on with your baby this month?by Marica Lim-Llenado .
Over the last three months your baby has been silently growing. From little more than a dot, baby is now approximately three to four inches long (about the size of a lemon) from the top of her head to her bottom.
She can now make all sorts of facial expressions like squinting, smiling and frowning. The tissues and organs that were formed in the first trimester are now beginning to develop. Her ears are in place and her eyes are moving closer together; right now her head is about half the size of her body. By week 14 she can make a fist with her hand, which now has its own unique set of fingerprints. She is also beginning to sport lanugo (fine hairs that cover her body and which she will eventually shed before she is born) and maybe even the beginnings of a full head of hair!ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
By the end of your fourth month your baby weighs in at about 2 ½ ounces and is about as big as an avocado. You might begin to feel her moving about as she is now able to kick her legs, which are longer than the little arms she’s been moving as she floats around. Some women say that these first movements feel as if there’s a little butterfly fluttering in their belly. But don’t be alarmed if you don’t feel anything just yet! Some first time mommies don’t feel anything until the 24th week.
Photography by Jun Pinzon
- Body, Soul, and Baby. A doctor’s guide to the complete pregnancy experience from preconception to postpartum by Tracy W. Gaudet, MD.
Trending in Summit Network