- Your Health FDA Warns Against 5 Face Mask Brands: Here Is A List That Is FDA-Approved
- News And Then They Were 5! Nanganak Na Si Andi Eigenmann
- Love & Relationships Cheaters Beware: Supreme Court Upholds Jail Time For Unfaithful Husband
- Love & Relationships 25 Secrets I've Learned in 38 Years of Marriage: 'Jealousy Is a Useless Emotion'
My Birthing Story: Valerie Bariou-BondocValerie and Onemig's 4-month old son Antoine is a charmer!by Lei Dimarucut-Sison .
Valerie Bariou-Bondoc, 31 years old
Print & TV model
Wife to actor Onemig Bondoc and mom to daughter Armelle, 6 years old, and Antoine, 4 months old
SP: Tell us your birthing story
Valerie: I gave birth at St. Luke’s in The Fort on my due date, April 10. The day before, April 9, I was walking a lot. There were no contractions the night before but in the morning I had spotting, so they rushed me to the hospital. I gave birth to our baby boy Antoine Maëlan Mariano Bariou Bondoc through normal delivery on April 10, 2013. He weighed 7.8 pounds and measured 53 cms in length.
I think I had a good dose of anaethesia so it wasn’t as painful as when I gave birth to my daughter. I started dilating at 10 am, and by 3:30 pm the baby was already out. It was very convenient because I gave birth during the day, I was well-rested.
When I gave birth to (my daughter) Armelle in France, I never lost sight of the baby, she was always with me. With Antoine, in St. Luke’s, I gave birth, then I had to wait in the recovery room while they cleaned him up. Then we were brought up to the room together and the baby was with me the whole time. I was able to breastfeed right away. It was good because I didn’t have to go to the nursery anymore. It was pretty much easy. What was hard was when the doctors would come every hour to check on the baby, so I couldn't sleep. I wasn’t used to that because in France they only come when you call them. But everything went well. We were only at the hospital for 3 days and then I was discharged.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
SP: Did you have any cravings while pregnant?
Valerie: Carbs. That’s why I gained so much weight. After giving birth I was 180 pounds, and I thought, this is a mistake -- I gave birth already (laughs). I didn’t stop myself from eating. In the beginning I was trying to do some juicing, but I had to be careful and avoided raw food.
SP: What are you doing now to lose the extra weight?
Valerie: Well, as of now I’m modeling for a plus-size brand, so they asked me not to lose weight. With my first child, I lost weight just by breastfeeding. In two months, I was back to my pre-pregnancy body.
SP: What tips can you give first-time moms who are just about to give birth?
1. For the baby stuff, I only bought the stuff that I didn't have after my baby shower was finished.
2. Breastfeeding is the best. The antibodies help the baby not to get sick. You also save a lot of money.
3. With Armelle, I didn’t have a lot of pictures [and I regret that]. So with Antoine I had his picture taken at two weeks old, which is the perfect time, because after that the baby's hair will shed.
4. I use the app Smallnest for feeding schedules, etc. It helps simplify life because I am able to record all the useful info
5. I drink lots of liquids to improve my milk supply.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
What's in Antoine's baby bag? Click 'View slideshow' above to browse through the photos!
Photos by Dairy Darilag. Hair and makeup by Jennifer Nagrampa (contact her at 0917-2074618)
Viewing as ListLaunch GalleryCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended VideosADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Trending in Summit Network