- News Plan Your Vacations! The Official List Of Philippine Holidays For 2020 Is Here
- Your Kid’s Health Pinay Pediatrician Shares 5 'Sweet Ways' To Manage Your Child's Sugar Intake
- Beauty This Minimally-Invasive Treatment Will Give You A Face Lift Instantly
- Breastfeeding 5 Benefits of Chia Seeds to Breastfeeding Moms
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
7 Ways You Can Be Your Own Miss UniverseProudly say, "I'm confidently beautiful with a heart."
Miss Universe 2016 is fast approaching, and we can definitely feel the excitement! Filipinos have always been fascinated with beauty pageants, and now that the prestigious contest of beauty and brains will be taking place in our country, the Miss U fever has heightened even more! To take it further, we thought of ways you can embody the Miss Universe tradition. From just for laughs to some real talk, we list down the ways you can be your own queen:
1. The fastest shortcut is to use the makeup the beauty queens are using.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Miss Universe 2016 Pageant is sponsored by MAC Cosmetics, and the products you see above are what they actually use on themselves for the whole duration of the contest.
2. Slip on a pretty (or long!) dress and heels.
This is pretty obvious: Prepare to make an entrace in this regal ensemble!ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
3. Prepare for possible intelligent answers that will wow the audience (aka your mom squad).
Miss Universe candidates are expected to possess both beauty and brains, so be ready to answer the winning question that will be asked on the pageant night itself.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
4. Why not ride on the funny trend of Miss Universe candidates bringing many luggages?
Copy Miss Thailand's pose to make it legit.
5. Watch it live!ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
You can get a chance to win two premium tickets to the Miss Universe Coronation night on January 30. Download, register, and use the Freenet App for free (no data charges, so no need for wifi!) to get a raffle entry for the contest.
6. Practice grace under pressure in every situation.
These queens are trained to be poised even at the worst moments. Calm your mind and ask yourself: What would a queen do in a crisis like this? You'll then be able to tackle the issue with grace and tact.
7. Be confident in your own skin!ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Remember Pia Wurtzbach's winning answer? Your self-confidence matters. Embrace your natural beauty, and be proud of your skills. Stop stressing yourself thinking about people who don't like you -- they'll only bring you down. You are a queen in your own right, and no one can take that away from you!
This story originally appeared on FemaleNetwork.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Smartparenting.com.ph editors.