- News Plan Your Vacations! The Official List Of Philippine Holidays For 2020 Is Here
- Your Kid’s Health Pinay Pediatrician Shares 5 'Sweet Ways' To Manage Your Child's Sugar Intake
- Beauty This Minimally-Invasive Treatment Will Give You A Face Lift Instantly
- Breastfeeding 5 Benefits of Chia Seeds to Breastfeeding Moms
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
How to Look Great in Pictures Even If You Aren't a CelebrityLook photogenic in an instant.
As we spy on celebrity and model photos, we can't help but wonder how they always look perfect in every shot. After much observation, we discovered that besides their good looks, they just know how to work the camera. So yes, even us mere mortals can be photogenic, too! Read on to find out their secrets:
1. Determine the look you want to project.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Sum up words to describe the way you'd want to look in the photo. Do you want it sultry, cute, classy, or pensive? You may also take the easy and most effective route: by being yourself. If you're a naturally funny girl, then go ahead and post wacky faces. And if you're a sophisticate, a coy smile (or a pout) would do.
2. Find your best angle.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Since you know the look or the vibe that you want, go to Instagram, Pinterest, and magazines for inspiration, and observe how other women project. Practice the facial expressions in front of the mirror while adding your personal touch (see item number one) until you nail your go-to look. Find your angle, the side where you look extra pretty. It also won't hurt if you enhance your facial features with a bit of makeup.
3. Take note of your posture.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Besides your facial expression, you need to pay attention to your posture. To look taller and slimmer, put your leg in front of the other. You can also place one arm on your waist or forearm to look more relaxed.
If it's a shot from the waist up, refrain from slouching because you'll look shorter and a few pounds heavier. Play with your hand or do as the celebs do: the T-rex pose, as seen above.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
More from Smart Parenting
4. Check your lighting and background.
Your backdrop and lighting can make or break your shot. Do a test shot to see if kalat can be seen in your frame, or if the background is photogenic enough. Plus, inspect if the lighting casts too many shadows. It's always better to shoot facing the light source than going against it. Also, natural lighting is always the best.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
5. The position of your camera matters.
If it's a selfie, raise your camera slightly above your line of vision to make your face appear smaller. When taking an #OOTD shot, ask your friend to shoot you from below to lengthen your body. (Just make sure that you don't lose your neck by looking down too much!)ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
6. Level up your confidence!
Own it! If you aren't confident, it's going to show that you are unsure of yourself. Avoid looking awkward and channel your #GGSS self (just for photos!).
This story originally appeared on FemaleNetwork.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Smartparenting.com.ph editors.