- Real Parenting Who Deserves To Win P100,000? Vote For Your Favorite My Smart Parenting Story!
- Real Parenting Candy Pangilinan Recalls When Son Was Not Allowed To Graduate: 'Paano 'Pag Nagwala?'
- Your Kid’s Health 4 Sintomas Na Di Aakalaing Diabetes Na Pala Sa Bata
- Love & Relationships Mom Says ‘Parent Sex’ Happens In 3.5 Minutes Between Changing Nappies And Cooking Food!
Mommy Makeover: 4 Budget-savvy Ways To Revamp Your LookTry these budget-savvy suggestions to look and feel like the fabulous mommy that you are.by SmartParenting Staff .
You don’t need a lot of money to look pulled-together. Donna Pita, freelance fashion stylist and mom to Mateo and Amara, shares four closet essentials for a look-good-all-the-time wardrobe.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
- A pretty, wear anywhere dress. “A knee-length dress can be perfect for many occasions like a school program or your husband’s company dinner. Pair with metallic heels, and it transforms into a garden wedding ensemble,” says Pita. Go for classic silhouettes like the shift, the wrap, or a dress that’s gathered at the waist.
- A flattering pair of jeans. Pick a pair in a dark wash. “It’s a timeless shade that will go with everything in your closet. Avoid details like whiskers or anything too trendy. Wearing your dark denim with a classic polo can take you to mass, a family reunion lunch, and even a PTA meeting. Go for boot and straight cuts which are generally the most flattering. Make sure your jeans start no lower than your belly button since a higher waistband gives your tummy some post-baby support.
- A crisp polo. A classic button-down polo in black or white is a versatile piece. Go for one made with good-quality fabric. Make sure the buttons don’t strain in front, and that you can cross your arms without tugging the material at the back.
- The proper underwear. “The correct underwear can shape and support your body, helping you look slimmer and feel better. Your size changes over time so update your measurements every year. Everything else you put on over the right foundation will look so much better,” explains Pita.
- Donna Pita, freelance fashion stylist
Photography by Jun Pinzon
Trending in Summit Network