I am busy. Walang oras. These words have become almost like a mantra for moms, but then again it is true. That shouldn't stop us though from rewarding ourselves with a free day. We've given you tips and leads what to or where to go. But if it's quick beauty you're after that you can do any time, here are a few suggestions:
1. Plump up your lashes. Lashes have the power to open up one of your most beautiful features -- your eyes. False eyelashes relatively inexpensive and are an easy hack if you want to look extra glam for a special occasion (like a Mother's Day dinner perhaps). Elle.com has an easy-to-follow tutorial on how to put them on.
For moms who are new to falsies, try Seowoo's 3S Pre-Glued Lashes. As it says on the box, you don't have to trouble yourself with the rather cumbersome step of placing the right amount of glue on lashes. These are already prepped with latex-free adhesive.
2. Rock a voluptuous mane.
Hair that's too long can drag your face down. Hair that's too poofy, especially on the crown, will make you look old (reminiscent of the tita hair bob cut). The right hair style or cut can make you look and feel years younger.
If you need hairstyle suggestions, click here. And, if you’re looking for a good salon to get it done, check out Studio Fix by Alex Carbonell. They've styled the hair of celeb moms like Jodi Sta. Maria, Toni Gonzaga, and Carmina Villaroel. We also love the salon's prices.
Studio Fix by Alex Carbonell Services (haircuts) start at P500+ Greenbelt 5, Makati City (501-3062) Greenbelt 3, Makati City (720-5962) Century City Mall, Makati City (869-0067) Facebook.com/studiofixbyalexcarbonell
3. Get your brows groomed. Every woman knows the importance of well-groomed brows. A pair of perfectly shaped arches does the crucial job of framing the face and highlighting your features. Filled-in and groomed brows (with an added touch of color to your lips) can instantly make you look put together. If you haven't had your eyebrows groomed by a professional before, you'll be amazed at the difference one session can make.
It's easy to mess up eyebrows and painstaking to wait for them to grow back. So make an appointment with the brow specialists at Browhaus. They've groomed the brows of the likes of Chesca Kramer, Andi Manzano, and Janine Gutierrez.
Browhaus Services (brow grooming) start at P698+ For a full list of branches, click here Facebook.com/BrowhausManila
4. Stay fit while getting a “botox”
Taking care of your health and body is key to staying young. Up for trying something new? With anti-gravity yoga, you do the poses while suspended in mid-air (just a few inches off the ground) through a special hammock.
One class lasts for about an hour and a half and will help you burn 600 calories. It's the only yoga practice that lets you do a headstand without putting pressure on your head, neck or your back. These inversions are the reason why some women say anti-gravity yoga will leave you with a natural glow, similar to the effects of Botox! We've already tried a class at I Go Beyond Yoga and so far, we like it!
5. Hide your puyat. To look younger in minutes, Ira Nopuente, Female Network's fashion and beauty editor recommends being picky when it comes to foundation. Matte may not be the best way to go when your skin is already dry from all those nights you stayed up late nursing your little one. “A dewy and moist finish can make your complexion look fresh and revived. Grab a featherweight foundation with light-reflecting and moisturizing properties for a candlelit glow,” she said.
Ira recommends The Body Shop's Fresh Nude Foundation to mimic that youthful, dewy complexion
The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation (P1,295)
6. Feel rejuvenated.
It's not enough to look younger, you have to feel younger too. And what better way to rid your body of stress than to spend a day at the spa. For the ultimate pampering experience, head to the newly opened I'M Onsen Spa in Makati. They're having a special promo (starting at P1,500) that includes a 60-minute massage treatment, access to their Onsen (hot baths), steam, sauna and relaxation lounge, and a buffet meal with complimentary tea during your stay.
You may want to complement your skin care routine for your complexion. Beauty gurus suggest collagen, which, according to Ira, “is the key factor that keeps our face looking plump and young. We naturally produce this, but as we age, the production speed decreases, and it needs a little push.”
Beauty queen, actress and mom Ruffa Guitierrez, who is looking radiant at 42, shared that collagen has been one of her beauty secrets. “Collagen, especially for working mom like me who's over thirty years old...importante lang talaga na we should stock up on collagen.”
8. Lift and revive There are new treatments in the market you can try out if you're up for it. There's Ultherapy that's a non-surgical lifting procedure for the brow, neck and under the chin. It uses ultrasound technology and has US FDA clearance. It's currently available in more than 20 clinics all over the Metro, so why not give it a shot?
And, at Sofitel's Vietura Aesthetic Lifestyle, they're offering a new treatment called Regenerative Cell Therapy which promotes the cultivation of stem cells in your body. It promises to be an all-round treatment that can improve your immune system, reduce muscular and joint pains, and enhance your skin, nails, and hair.
Ultherapy A list of accredited clinics here Facebook.com/UltherapyPH
Vietura Aesthetic Lifestyle Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, Pasay City 551-5555 local 5000 Facebook.com/SofitelManila