- Toddler 25 OMG Images That Sum Up #LifeWithAToddler
- Money I Started My Online Business With Less Than P1,000: 5 Tips From Successful Mompreneurs
- Toddler Pinay Mom With '100 Toddler Meal Ideas' Shares Her Meal Planning Secrets
- News These Face Masks Made From Abaca Are '7 Times Better' Than Typical Cloth Face Mask
10 Healthy Restaurants for a Slimmer, Sexier YouEnjoy delicious meals minus the guilt - even while dining out.
It’s a new year, and we’re pretty sure we know what’s high up in your list of resolutions. Losing weight and getting back into shape is a struggle for most parents, especially with moms, who often pile on pounds while pregnant. And, admit it, despite these annual intentions, good food is good food, and dining with family and friends is always a great way to create wonderful bonding time moments, thus making it more challenging to stick to your diet.
We hear you. Thankfully, not all meals have to be tasteless and boring to be healthy. This 2013, we urge you to satisfy your palate with dishes that not only burst with flavor and nutrients, but are also low (or even zero!) in dreadful calories. Check out our list of 10 restaurants for a slimmer, sexier you.
1. SugarleafADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
The tagline: “Foods that nourish.”
The unique proposition: Your “one stop shop of healthy food items in the metro”. They have a mini-mart of locally-sourced organic food that is “naturally weight-reducing, detoxifying, anti-oxidizing and energy-boosting". Their organic produce comes from a cooperative of certified organic farms that bear the stamp of approval from the OCCP (Organic Certification Council of the Philippines).
The dining area seats 30 customers and they also offer workshops in organic farming, healthy cooking, and overall wellness.
Their bestsellers: Free-Range Chicken Goody Wrap (P238), Goody Kefir-Chia Smoothies in pina colada, mango-banana, mixed berry and strawberry (P150), Butternut Squash with orange soup (P85).
Average price per meal: P100-P280
2. Edgy VeggyADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
The tagline: “Fresh. Creative. Delicious.”
The unique proposition: Edgy Veggy started out as a way for yoga enthusiast, agriculturist and artist Denise Celdran in 2006 to promote the vegetarian lifestyle to both vegans and non-vegans. She first opened a stall at the Legazpi Market and then eventually started her own delivery service.
Edgy Veggy’s menu offers pasta, paninis, meals made out of tofu, beans, salads, sweet snacks, vegetable dishes and soups in sets good for two as well as in party packages. They do not use white sugar, MSG or any processed food additives in their dishes.
They also offer a weight loss program diet called the Thrive Detox, designed to replace at least one meal per day with high-value food (e.g. smoothies, salads, super foods) for improved health, greater energy and less cravings.
Their bestsellers: Tofu Steak (P230), Vegan Lasagna (P230)
Average price per meal: P250 to P300 for their Classic Menu and starting at P3,100 for their Thrive Detox ProgramADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
For deliveries, order a minimum of P500 worth from Monday to Saturday by texting Denise at 0917-8474831, or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. They delivery only in the following areas:
• Makati (Legaspi and Salcedo Village), Rockwell, Dasmarinas, Forbes, San Lorenzo, Urdaneta, Magallanes
• Taguig (Bonifacio High Street, McKinley Hill)
• Pasig (Valle Verde 1 to 7, Casa Verde, Kapitolyo, San Antonio Village)
• Ortigas (Ortigas Central Business District)
• Mandaluyong (Boni, Shaw)
• Quezon City (Corinthian Village, White Plains)1 of 5 NEXT
Trending in Summit Network