- Money 7 Money Secrets Of A Family Thriving On A Single Income Household
- Getting Pregnant 7 Ways To Prepare Yourself Physically And Mentally For Pregnancy
- Baby Addicted Si Mommy Sa Disney! Paano Gayahin Ang DIY Milestone Photoshoot Nila
- Wellness Loved 'Crash Landing On You'? 9 More Series For The K-Drama Newbie
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
5 Swimming Pool Games to Try This SummerWith summer coming up, try something more physical and diverting for your kids to do. It might be easier for them to watch TV or play video games but it will be more interesting for them and more gratifying for you if they engaged in some kind of physical activity. Try out these fun swimming pool games and beat the heat.by Lorela U. Sandoval .
- <>Water Games as Kids’ Physical Exercise1. Swimming Competition.If your kid already knows how to swim, you can gather up his relatives and friends and turn the ordinary pool visit into an amateur swimming competition. You can also reinvent the race to make it more exciting and creative. Of course, don’t forget to use a stop watch for this and come up with a good prize. You can do rounds of this game, as long as the kids are enjoying and aren’t exhausted yet.2. Scavenger HuntIt’s easy yet absolutely fun. Scatter toys or items that float or sink, so that kids can hunt for them. These toys and items can already serve as the prizes of the game. Time this as well. 15-30 minutes of this game is a good start.3. Ball gameMost of us do this even at the beach. Playing with a basketball, volleyball or beach ball in the water is effective physical exercise.4. Chicken GamePerhaps you don’t know how it’s called though you have been playing it for a long time. The chicken game is a water game where one player sits on the shoulders of a partner (have girl-girl, boy-boy pairs, if you prefer) and tries to knock off his opponent. Whoever remains standing is, of course, the winner.5. Get DressedEach player should have a shirt, shorts, and a pair of socks. All players have to do is line up at one end of the pool. A supervising parent should collect all the clothes of each player and get them all wet and mixed up before letting them sink to the bottom of the pool.6. Then game startsEach player has to race toward the other side of the pool to get one piece of clothing (shirt or shorts, whatever the player chooses first), then put it on. After this, they have to go to the other end of the pool and touch it to make a turn. Everyone should have a turn. The winning team is the one that “gets dressed” first.Parents and players can always create variations of such games, depending on each player’s age and ability or swimming skill, as some kids may be too young to tread the pool alone. You could also collaborate with other parents and make it a swimming pool play date.
Safety Note: Make sure that the kids are properly supervised and that a life guard is nearby.
Nevertheless, if you prefer to get your kids enrolled in a swimming class as their pool exercise, here are some swimming classes that you might be interested in.
1. Bert Lozada Swim School
Main Office: 2401 Tejeron St., Sta. Ana, ManilaTelephone No.: +63(2)563-5532 / +63(2)562-8041 / +63(2)589-1982Mobile No.: 0917-700-SWIME-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: http://bertlozadaswimschool.com
2. Aqualogic Swim Co.
Contact Person: Ria Mackay, Head Instructor & Founder Telephone No.: +63(2) 703-6386Mobile No.: 0917-858-AQUA (2782)Website: http://aqualogicswimco.com/
If you want to have a fun time swimming, there are plenty of hotels and sports centers that can provide rest and relaxation at the pool and host your games from Makati through Quezon City:
Best Western Astor HotelSomerset Millennium MakatiAscott MakatiRenaissance MakatiCity Hotel ManilaDusit Thani ManilaMakati Palace HotelCelebrity Sports PlazaQuezon City Sports ClubRegalia Tower SuitesImperial Palace SuitesManila Pavilion HotelCentury Park HotelMakati Shangri-laMandarin Oriental-ManilaThe Peninsula ManilaManila Midtown HotelDapitan Sports ComplexWaterfront Manila City Hotel and CasinoThe Pearl ManilaManila HotelPan Pacific Manila HotelHyatt Hotel and Casino Manila
Please note that applicable fees apply for swimming in these pools.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW