- Toddler Let Your Toddlers Learn How to Entertain Themselves!
- Preschooler MRIs Show How Too Much Screen Time Can Slow A Child's Brain Development
- News Iya Villania's Daughter Wears Onesie That Her Kuyas Have Worn
- Money 6 Kiddie Savings Accounts Moms Choose For Their Newborns (Savings And Insurance In One!)
The 6 Benefits of Joining a Family Fun RunLace up your running shoes and see why running a marathon is good for you and your kids.
Running is perhaps one of the easiest ways for the whole family to get into a healthy, active lifestyle. All it takes is a good pair of running shoes and a safe and conducive environment.
Thinking of taking the sport up a notch? Why not join a run that the whole family can enjoy? Running events like the MILO Marathon have several race categories that both you and your kids can handle (usually 3k and 5k for kids and 5k, 10, 21k and 42k for adults).
Here are 6 more reasons why you should join:
1. It's good for the body and the mind.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
It goes without saying: running does wonders for the body by strengthening your bones and muscles, exercising your lungs, and boosting the immune system. Living an active lifestyle also makes one more mentally alert, which means kids who are active also tend to be active learners. It's a two-in-one workout that's perfect for the entire family.
2. It promotes family bonding.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Training and running for the marathon is a great way to instill togetherness and keep each other motivated. Add running to your roster of family bonding moments such as eating out, watching a movie, or going on a vacation. The more quality time spent with your family, the closer you become.
3. It teaches values.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Running will instill discipline, especially when training for a marathon. You'll have to wake up early in the morning and eat right to keep your body in shape. Training and running also teach hard work. By the time you and your children finish the race, you'll have taught them determination and perseverance—qualities that they can take beyond the finish line.
4. It allows you to meet new people.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Marathons gather like-minded people, so you're bound to meet families like yourselves who love to run and spend quality time with each other. Go to www.coachjimsaret.ph and sign up for the MILO A.P.E.X. to start training with other running families. You can exchange tips on how to stay in running shape or even train for the next marathon together!
5. It allows you to help those in need.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
While most marathons seek to promote running as a sport, they also embrace an advocacy or sponsor a charity. This way, you are not only running for yourself, you're also helping someone else. Register for the MILO Marathon, and a portion of your fee will be used to help give shoes to underprivileged children through the "Help Give Shoes" advocacy. To date, "Help Give Shoes" has distributed over 50,000 pairs of running shoes to kids who used to walk and run barefoot.
6. It makes you part of something big.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
There’s nothing like the proud feeling of being part of something bigger than you are. Now on its 39th edition, the MILO Marathon is one of the grandest, most prestigious running events in the country and has been participated in by over 230,000 runners. Join the run and find out what makes the MILO Marathon one of the most anticipated family events of the year.
At the end of the day, what's important is how you and your family feel: healthy and fulfilled—just like true champions!
Find out how you can sign up for the MILO Marathon! For more details, visit www.milo.com.ph.
Trending in Summit Network