- Family Fun Destination Staycation: 10 Family-Friendly Hotel Deals For The Christmas Season!
- Kids with Special Needs 5 Books About Children With Disabilities To Read To Your Kids
- Inspiration Paano Hikayatin Ang Mga Bata Na Magbasa? Ang Sagot Ng Isang Ama
- Preschooler How To Rise From Our Poor PISA Ranking In Reading Comprehension
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Top of the Morning: Mediterranean Diet Slows Down AgingWhy this diet works, JC and Bianca tie the knot
1. Eating a Mediterranean diet slows down aging
Women who eat a Mediterranean diet may live longer than those who don’t, according to a new study published in the journal The BMJ. The researchers looked at the women’s telomeres in their blood cells as a measure of a cell’s aging. (Telomeres are sequences of DNA that form protective caps at the ends of chromosomes and get shorter every time a cell divides.) The study results showed that the more women follow a Mediterranean diet, the longer their telomeres were. Ladies, it’s time to switch! (livescience.com)
2. A family cancels Christmas -- what?
Their three children were acting ungrateful, so they decided to cancel Christmas. Parents Lisa and John Henderson replaced presents from Santa with service projects, anonymous gift-giving, and “adopting” grandparents for Christmas dinner. Mom Lisa said, "Instead of focusing on what they will be getting, we will be keeping focus on what they can give.” Maybe these parents aren’t the Grinch after all. (csmonitor.com)
3. Bianca and JC tie the knotADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Pinoy Big Brother host Bianca Gonzalez and pro basketball player JC Intalan got married yesterday in a private ceremony in El Nido, Palawan. The intimate wedding ceremony had their family and close friends in attendance. Best wishes to Bianca and JC! (pep.ph)
4. Google to create kid-friendly products
Soon there will be a special version of YouTube that’s specifically for kids 12 years and below. Google is planning to create kid-friendly versions of some of its products, like YouTube and Chrome, next year, to give parents "the right tools to oversee their kids' use of our products," said Pavni Diwanji, Google's vice president for engineering. (today.com)
5. New Disney role for The Rock
Disney has cast Dwayne Johnson as the voice of Maui, a Hawaiian demi-god for its upcoming animated musical comedy "Moana". The story is about 14-year-old Moana Waialiki trying to complete her parents’ quest to find a fabled island in the Pacific, meeting sea creatures and extraordinary beings, one of whom is Maui. (huffingtonpost.com)ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW