- Baby Isa ang G6PD Deficiency sa Dahilan Kaya Mahalaga ang Newborn Screening
- Fitness & Nutrition I Trained for My First Obstacle Course Race to Help Overcome My Postpartum Depression
- Real Parenting 'I Lost a Child Twice. Now I Have to Figure Out How to Feel Alive in the Present'
- Getting Pregnant Bakit Kailangan Bantayan ang Iyong Blood Pressure Habang Buntis
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Creative Wear for Moms, Babies and ToddlersRianna Roces-Trinidad and Sheryll Ang-Tiong both found inspiration in their children which led to the creation of their business, Proud Mama Store.
The Mompreneurs: Rianna Roces-Trinidad, mom to Solana (three years old) and Saffron (two years old), and Sheryll Ang-Tiong, mom to Angela (two years old).
Their Business: Proud Mama Store which feature their creations: Funkyfeet—not-quite-shoes socks, Proud Mama reversible nursing covers, Tee Hee Shirts for pretend play and Funkytubes Playsleeves.
The Ideas & Why They’re Unique: We believe in hands-on parenting, that our time with our children is fleeting and should be experienced and enjoyed to the fullest. As new moms we realized there were many things that we wanted or needed that were not available in the market. We try our best to introduce products that address these gaps.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Proud Mama Nursing Cover allows moms nurse anywhere in a pretty bib that keeps things fashionable and discreet. It has boning on the neckline that will ensure proper airflow and allow mom and baby to maintain eye contact while nursing.
- Since we believe barefoot is best for babies and wearing shoes can restrict growth and learning how to walk, we came up with Funkyfeet not-quite-shoes—cotton baby socks that are a fashionable alternative to shoes.
- Our new line of Tee Hee shirts promotes fun and imaginative play. There's a blue shirt with a fin, a green shirt with a yellow tail and a pink shirt with wings. We deliberately didn't label them so that the kids can pretend to be a shark, dinosaur, or fairy one day and a dolphin, lizard, or butterfly the next.
- Our Funkytubes playsleeves are a great help for mommies since they offer instant protection from cold, scrapes, sun, insect bites and more while adding a lot of attitude to your little one's outfit. Funkytubes are small enough to take in a diaper bag or even your own purse. They can be worn on legs, thighs or arms.
Advice for Other Mompreneurs
R: Act fast! There have been countless times I've had an idea and left it on the back burner, then a couple months later I see that someone else went and did it already. Also, do your homework. You can't un-launch a product so before you launch it, make sure it's already the best it can be and research what competitive products are like (if there are any) and prepare your strategy accordingly.
S: Starting a business on top of managing your household is a lot of hard work. Many hours are spent doing unglamorous tasks like inventory management, delivery, etc. It takes a lot of dedication to make it work. Sometimes, you'll have to choose between going to the mall with your kids, doing the groceries or finalizing a sales pitch. You'll just have to find the right balance.
Funkyfeet, Funkytubes, Tee Hee shirts and Proud Mama nursing covers are available in Hobbes and Landes Rockwell, Greenhills, Greenbelt 5 and Bonifacio High Street.
Funkyfeet and Funkytubes are available in Rustans Department Stores, Babyland, Crossings and Procreation in Shangrila Mall. Funkyfeet is also available in Hobbes and Landes Trinoma, Ayala Town Center, Podium, Shangrila Mall and Mall of Asia.
All our products are available online
Direct Line: Rianna 2162630 / Sheryll 2161482
Mobile: Rianna +63929.4196387 / Sheryll +63922.8300407ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW