In an age where almost everything is in the palm of our hands — thanks to smartphones — it's easier to monitor and keep track of your pregnancy milestones. There are loads of pregnancy-related apps, but SmartParenting.com.ph took the liberty to filter those that are highly rated by fellow preggos all over the world. These apps, free and both available on The Apple Store and on Google Play, help you track your baby's development in your womb, your weight gain, and more.
Though these apps are handy, they should not, however, replace your doctor's advice.
1. What to Expect Pregnancy and Baby Tracker The book that has been dubbed the "bible" of pregnancy is now an app! It gives you personalized daily updates on your baby's development and provides helpful medical and parenting articles for when your baby arrives. Free for iOS and Android.
2. Pregnancy Tracker & Baby Development Countdown by BabyCentre Health information and tips provided by this app come from experts and reviews by the website's Medical Advisory Board. It also has a baby name finder. The best thing about this app is it automatically switches to become a daily parenting guide when your baby arrives Free for iOS and Android.
3. The Bump The app gives you real-time answers from three different sources: the website's editorial staff, its team of experts, and fellow expecting moms. It's great for online baby shopping, too, as it can consolidate your baby registries (you need to consider shipping costs if you do plan to avail). Free for iOS and Android.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
4. Pregnancy Tracker & Baby Countdown - Glow Nurture You can mirror or share your pregnancy week-by-week updates with your partner and soon-to-be daddy. Plus, you can interact with different communities, whether you're a first-time mom or carrying multiples. Another unique feature of this app is its offering of postpartum support. Free for iOS and Android.
5. Sprout Pregnancy This is Apple's "Essential App for Parents" and is one of Time Magazine’s Top 50 Apps of the Year in 2017. It has everything you need for tracking your pregnancy. Since it's primarily made for Apple devices, reviews indicate that the iOS version is way better than the Android one. Free for iOS and Android.
6. Ovia Pregnancy Tracker and Baby Countdown Calendar This highly rated pregnancy app aims to deliver personalized updates. If you're unsure if some medicine or food is safe for preggo or you are wondering if a symptom you're experiencing is normal, just ask Ovia and its community of expecting parents. Free for iOS and Android.
7. Pregnancy Calendar and Tracker For each week of pregnancy, the app provides preggos with an update on the baby's development, changes in your body, diet suggestions, and timely and useful tips. As a calendar, it can streamline your prenatal visits and track your development until your due date. Free for iOS and Android.
8. BabyBump Pregnancy Pro Highly recommended by websites such as Time, Huffington Post, and Parents, the app covers everything from pregnancy to childbirth. It even has a baby namer, a kick counter to track baby's movements in the womb and even has a contraction timer to check if you're already in labor. Free for iOS and Android.
9. I'm Expecting It has tons of videos to show you what's happening to your baby in your womb and your body. Another unique offering is it lets you can compare your pregnancy with other moms — perfect for BFFs who are pregnant at the same time. But we have to say it can be counter-productive if you get anxious easily. Free for iOS and Android.
10. Pregnancy+ The app does not only give you daily updates on your pregnancy and provides you with useful checklists, but it also doubles as your pregnancy diary. You can log your weight, diet, and prenatal visits. You can even customize it for the daddy-to-be and soon-to-be grandparents. Free for iOS and Android.
11. Pregnancy Week by Week If you hate pink and likes her app simple, then you'll enjoy this. It's basic, but it still provides you the essentials to help you track and maintain a healthy pregnancy and monitor your baby's development in your womb. Free for iOS and Android.