- Your Health How To Prepare In Case Every Family Member Including YOU Get COVID-19
- Toddler Cases of Misdiagnosed ADHD Rising Because of Early School Enrollment, Harvard Study Finds
- Love & Relationships I Love My Husband But I Don’t Like Having Sex. Is Something Wrong With Me
- Love & Relationships Hiningi Muna Ni Derek Ramsay Ang ‘Blessing’ Ng Anak Bago Mag-Propose Kay Ellen Adarna
FDA Warns Against 5 Face Mask Brands: Here Is A List That Is FDA-ApprovedCheck your mask, especially if you bought it online.by Kitty Elicay .
The brands are as follows:
- Aidelai Disposable Face Mask
- Cherub Daily Protective Mask
- Just Mask Anti-Viral Face Mask
- Health Master Disposable Protective Mask
- Disposable Medical Mask
The AideLai face mask, commonly sold online, markets itself as a disposable protective mask that can filter PM (particulate matter) 2.5 pollutants. But according to the FDA these products lack product notification certificates and have not gone through the evaluation process of the FDA. Thus, the agency cannot assure its quality and safety.
“Pursuant to the Republic Act No. 9711, otherwise known as the ‘Food and Drug Administration Act of 2009’, the manufacture, importation, exportation, sale, offering for sale, distribution, transfer, non-consumer use, promotion, advertising or sponsorship of health products without the proper authorization is prohibited,” the FDA said in its advisory.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
It also warned establishments not to distribute, advertise, or sell the said violative medical device products until the Product Notification Certificates are issued, otherwise, regulatory actions and sanctions shall be strictly pursued.”CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
The FDA supplied a list of registered face masks that are specifically designed for medical use. These comply with global regulatory requirements.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
For more information on the list of notified face masks brands, you may view the advisory here.
As a precaution, always check if your product has been notified with the FDA before making a purchase. Use the search feature on their website at www.fda.gov.ph or look for the FDA registration number on the product label in the form of CMDN-xxx.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
PH pediatricians warn agains the use of face shields and masks for newborns. Read the story here.
What other parents are reading
Trending in Summit Network