- Family Fun Take Your Family Pic at These Instagram-Worthy Christmas Displays Around Metro Manila
- Kids with Special Needs Public High School Students With Disabilities Win Awards In IT Competition In South Korea
- Inspiration Paano Hikayatin Ang Mga Bata Na Magbasa? Ang Sagot Ng Isang Ama
- Big Kids Disciplining Your Child? 3 Instances You Should Not Give In
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Need Extra Cash? You Can Conveniently Apply For An SSS Salary Loan OnlineIt is easy to file and paying it is affordable.by Kitty Elicay .
If you find yourself strapped for cash, you might want to check your Social Security System (SSS) contributions to see if you’re eligible for a salary loan. If you’re a regular SSS contributor, this is one of the easiest ways to secure funds. You can even apply for an SSS salary loan online!
What is an SSS salary loan?
This is a cash loan granted to an employed, currently-paying self-employed, or voluntary member. It is intended to meet the member’s short-term credit needs.
In an interview with Femalenetwork.com, SSS Assistant Vice-President for Media Affairs Ma. Luisa Sebastian shared that “the loan can be used for educational or health needs, purchase of gadgets or any other material.” Because of this, there is usually a surge of applicants during enrollment and Christmas holidays.
Are you qualified for an SSS salary loan?
The amount of money you can borrow will depend on your contributions and the amount of time you’ve spent contributing.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
A one-month salary loan is equivalent to the average of the member’s latest posted 12-monthly salary credits (MSC). To avail of this, the member must have 36 posted monthly contributions, and six of those should be within the last 12 months before the month of filing of the application.
If you have paid at least 72 monthly contributions (with six of those paid within the last 12 months), you may be entitled to a two-month loan. A two-month salary loan is equivalent to twice the average of the member’s latest posted MScs, rounded to the next higher monthly salary credit.
Sebastian gives this example. “If a member is consistently paying, at the minimum, monthly contributions worth Php110 (which has an equivalent MSC of Php1,000), then the loan amount will be Php1,000; while a member who is consistently paying at the maximum monthly contribution of Php1,760 (with an equivalent MSC of Php16,000), can have a loan amount of Php16,000.”ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply for an SSS salary loan online
In November 2019, the SSS announced that members can no longer apply for salary loans if they are not registered in the SSS online portal. According to a Real-Time Process of Loans (RTPL) Quick Reference Guide published by the pension fund last November 6, all salary loans must be filed online starting November 11.
Here are the steps to apply for an SSS salary loan online:
1. Go to the SSS website (www.sss.gov.ph)
2. Log-in as a member (input User ID and password) and click submit. (Not a member yet? Click here to learn how to register online)
3. Click the E-Services tab.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
4. Click ‘Apply for salary loan.’ Note: If you are eligible for a salary loan, your employer and loanable amount will be displayed. You may also select a lower loan amount.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
5. Read the terms and conditions carefully and click the box for “I agree to the Terms of Service,” then click proceed.
6. View, download, or print the loan disclosure statement.
7. After viewing or printing the statement, click submit.
8. After submitting your salary loan application, a confirmation message will be displayed. You may copy the transaction number or print the acknowledgment page itself, or refer to the email notification sent to your registered email address.
Note: Once your salary loan application is submitted, your employer is given three (3) working days to certify (reject or approve) your salary loan; otherwise, it will expire and you will need to repeat the process. You will be notified through email about your salary loan application’s status. You will also receive a text notification after the salary loan application has been approved.
The loan proceeds will be deposited in the Member’s UMID-ATM Savings Account/Unionbank of the Philippines (UBP) Quick Card. You can also register your other UBP Savings Account Number. Currently, only UBP accounts are accredited for electronic loan disbursement.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Should you avail of an SSS salary loan?
If you’re a regular employee or a freelance worker who has committed to the contributions, this benefit can be helpful should you suddenly find yourself in need of extra cash. The SSS salary loans are easy to file and paying it is affordable. However, since the monthly payments will be deducted directly from your salary, and is payable within two years in 24 monthly installments, you must take that into consideration when budgeting your expenses.
Looking for more ways to get a cash loan? Click here for a list of online lending services.
More from Smart Parenting