- Real Parenting Ogie Alcasid And Michael V. On Fatherhood: 'Enjoy The Ride, Put Your Foot Down, Be Involved'
- Labor & Childbirth 'Doc Matangos Ba Ilong?' At Iba Pang Nasabi Ng Mga Nanay Pagkatapos Nilang Manganak
- Real Parenting Let Us Celebrate The Moms Who Are Dads, Too
- Real Parenting Good Provider At Responsableng Ama Ang Asawa Ko, Pero...
Is Working At Home Right For Me And My Family? 4 Important Questions To Ask YourselfEquip yourself with the right knowledge about working from home before making a decision.by R.M. Mauhay .
Whether you're a stay-at-home mom looking to start her online career or a working mom who wants to be free of her eight to five job, we're sure working at home has become much more appealing because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We've featured a number of moms and their success stories — from online English teachers, social media managers, virtual assistants, and project managers. But how do you know if the work at home life is right for you and your family? Here are some important questions to ask yourself before making the decision to get a work at home online job.
Why work at home?
It may be hard for you to let go of an office job since it feels more stable than doing online jobs, but many work at home moms (WAHMs) can attest that you can be just as successful with a remote work setup.
Better work-life balance
Parents work hard so that they can secure a better future for their children and retire without worries. But if you're too caught up with work and only see the kids a few hours each day, will it still be worth it?
In a previous article, Kareen Liez Datoy, a content writer and mom of two, tells SmartParenting.com.ph that she loves working from home because she is her own boss. She says, "I can work on my own schedule. And above all, I can spend time with the family. I don’t have a nanny and I've been hands-on with my kids ever since. Working from home allows me to live my life to the fullest without being guilty of not seeing my children grow. This also gives me more room for growth and improvement for myself and my career.”ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Less commute stress
According to a 2017 survey, Metro Manila has the third worst traffic in Southeast Asia with an average of 66 minutes stuck in traffic daily. If you're working at home, you no longer have to wake up at ungodly hours just to make it to the office on time.
Taking long commutes can also affect your health, cause weight gain, neck and back pain, and added stress. It can also mean time lost with your little ones and missing out on their milestones. But if you're doing remote work, this can remedy that.
Most moms will say that one of the perks of working from home is that you can earn a higher salary than you would a corporate position. With the right online job, you can juggle different clients and raise your monthly payout. For example, you can earn up to Php100,000 monthly, according to mom Christine Levine Barraquio, who works as a virtual assistant for an international client.
What kind of work can I do from home?
You can do part-time, full-time, or go project-based – your choices are practically endless. Here are the top companies that post remote work at FlexJobs, and the opportunities that they offer, just to give you an idea:
CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
- Amazon – account management, customer service, retail
- Salesforce – sales, account management, consulting, software development, and business development
- VIPKID – part-time, freelance, and remote jobs in education & training
- Liveops – customer service, medical & health, insurance, and sales
- Transcom - call center, customer service, computer & IT, communications, and sales
- Humana – human services, medical & health, sales, insurance, and consulting
- UnitedHealth Group – part-time, temporary, flexible schedule, and remote jobs in medical & health
- Pearson – flexible jobs in many professional fields in and beyond education & training
- CrowdStrike – computer & IT, software development, project management, education & training, operations, and more
- Red Hat – full-time, partial to 100% remote jobs to qualified candidates, namely in the computer & IT field
You can even start your own business like The Cooking Dad Bake and Brew! Vlogging and podcasting are also getting popular now so that's another work at home option you can explore.
What is the best online job at home?
Finding the right (and best) job for you will depend on your skills, interest, and how much time you are willing to invest on it. Consider the following jobs if:
You have above average typing speed
- Transcribing / Translating
- Data processing
You want project-based work
- Content Writing
- Content/Email Marketing
- Graphic Design
You are great at interaction
- Social Media Management
- Email/Chat Support
- ESL Teaching
- Virtual Assistance
How do I start a work from home job?
First, it’s important that you have an idea of what you want to do. Do you want to be employed? Start a business? Do you want to do part-time? Freelance? Only when you understand what you want to do can you move forward.
Talk to your family about your plan to work at home. It is important that you have their understanding and support, especially from your better half. It also helps if your kids understand that mom or dad won't be able to play with them at certain hours, even if they're just at home.
After all that is said and done, it’s time for you to browse job listings on freelance platforms (check out legitimate websites here) or create your business plan so you can get started on your work from home journey. Good luck!ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
What other parents are reading
Trending in Summit Network