Jake and Ellie Are Adorable in Their Halloween Costumes!
And there's another reason why it's the sweetest holiday to date for the two. Plus, Scarlet Snow is now the most followed Filipino celebri-tot on Instagram, Macky Mathay finally confirms relationship with Sunshine Cruz, and more!
1. Look! How cute are the costumes of Jake Ejercito and Ellie Eigenmann
The father and daughter duo dressed as a prince and princess for Halloween yesterday, October 30. In the Instagram photo, Jake was down on one knee and held Ellie's hand like a little lady. They were also smiling while staring at each other. And if that isn't adorable enough for you, here's Jake's caption: "I'll slay all your dragons for you, my princess." Awww. Jake recently put to rest the rumors about Andie's parentage, saying he never denied being Ellie's father and has always said he would protect Ellie in any way he can. (pep.ph)
2. Scarlet Snow is now the most followed Pinoy celebri-tot on Instagram
The adorable daughter of Vicki Belo and Hayden Kho now has 500,000 followers on her Instagram account -- and that's less than six months after joining the photo sharing social media platform. "Thank you for being my friends and for always praying for me and my family. 500,000 kisses to each one of you," the caption of a photo of her throwing flying kisses read. We have no doubt that number of followers is likely to increase -- she has been making a lot of friends at recent Halloween parties. She even attended SmartParenting.com.ph's "Kids in the City" Halloween party last October 29. (pep.ph)
3. Macky Mathay finally confirms relationship with Sunshine Cruz
In an exclusive phone interview with Pep.ph, Macky says he isn't just dating Sunshine, the two are in a relationship that began with him sending Sunshine a private message via Instagram. They officially became a couple last September 18. "Actually, it was me who said 'I love you' first," Ara Mina's brother said. He thought hard before saying those three words since it has been years since Sunshine had been in a relationship. "'I don’t want to rush you into anything,' sabi ko. 'Kasi nararamdaman ko naman para sa 'yo ay makakapaghintay naman.' Sabi ko, ‘I can wait, I can wait. But still, I decided to tell her that I love her, kasi mahal ko na siya, e. Ayoko namang maging hipokrito sa sarili ko. Kasi, hindi na kami bata. So, I told her that I love her. She actually said ‘I love you too’ after a week," he shared.(pep.ph)
4. DOH confirms total of 19 Zika cases, two new ones, in just two months On Friday, October 28, Department of Health (DOH) undersecretary Gerardo Bayugo said the two new cases are a woman in her mid-40s and a young boy. DOH spokesman Dr. Eric Tayag also said they are still in the process of checking if the patients "are [from] the same street [in the province of] Cavite." As of press time, there are 12 Zika cases, from Western Visayas, three from the National Capital Region, three from CALABARZON (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal and Quezon Province), and one from Central Visayas. They are all classified as local transmission since they have no travel history prior to infection. The DOH urges everyone to consult a doctor if one is experiencing Zika symptoms such as fever with red eyes, joint pains, headache and rashes. Read here how to destroy mosquito breeding grounds and take the necessary precautions to protect your family from mosquito bites. (mb.com.ph)
5. Gender equality in PH lauded The World Economic Forum (WEF) recently released its Global Gender Gap Report 2016, and it showed that the Philippines is closing nearly 79 percent of its gender gap. We are the first in Asia and the seventh worldwide among 144 countries. "The country’s high gender gap ranking is proof of the significant efforts being undertaken by the government to address gender discrimination and inequality," Senator Loren Legarda said in a statement. "We have proven once again that our laws are effective if we know how to make them work. We just have to sustain our gains by ensuring strict implementation of our laws,” added Legarda, who is also the principal author of laws on women's rights protection such as the Anti-Violence Against Women and Children Act, the Magna Carta of Women, and the Anti-Trafficking Persons Act and its expanded version. (inquirer.net)