These Are The Only People Exempted From The Strict Home Quarantine In Luzonby Kate Borbon .
Since the government implemented an enhanced community quarantine over Luzon, we still see debates on social media about who are exempted and who is allowed to go out of their homes aside from one person per household who will buy necessities.
People exempted from the strict home quarantine
To clear up the confusion, here is the list of people exempted from the quarantine, according to a directive from the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases:
1. Select government workers
- Members of Congress and their Chiefs of Staff
- Secretaries, undersecretaries and assistant Secretaries, and bureau directors of government agencies under the Executive Branch
- the ombudsman and their deputy ombudsmen
- the Supreme Court justices, the Court of Appeals, the Court of Tax Appeals, the Sandiganbayan, and their workforce
- the judges of Regional, Metropolitan, and Municipal Circuit trial courts, prosecutors, and their workforce
- local chief executives
2. Health workers and emergency frontliners
- employees of the Department of Health (DOH), DOH hospitals, hospitals of local government units (LGUs) and provincial, city, and rural health Units
- employees at private health facilities
- health workers and volunteers at the Philippine Red Cross and the World Health Organization (WHO)
According to the DOH, health workers are not required to bring accreditation IDs. They only need their PRC ID and their company ID.
Meanwhile, emergency frontliners include law enforcement officers, such as the Philippine National Police (PNP), the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), the Philippine Coast Guard, and border control.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
3. Employees of establishments offering basic services
These include employees of the following:
- Manufacturing and processing plants of basic food products, essential products, medicine, and medical supplies
- Retail establishments (e.g., groceries, supermarkets, hypermarkets, convenience stores, public markets, pharmacies, drug stores)
- Logistics service providers (e.g., cargo handling, warehousing, trucking, freight forwarding, shipping line)
- Food preparations and water refilling stations
- Delivery services (in-house or outsourced) transporting only food, water, medicine or other necessities
- Banks and capital markets
- Power, energy, water, IT and telecommunications supplies and facilities, and waste disposal services
- Export and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) companies
- Airline and aircraft maintenance employees (i.e., pilot and crew, and ship captain and crew)
- Hotels with bookings as of March 17
- Energy companies and their third-party contractors (i.e., employees involved in electric transmission and distribution, electric power plant and line maintenance, exploration, operations, trading and delivery of coal, oil, or any kind of fuel used to produce electricity)
- Telecommunications-related workforce (i.e., telecommunications companies, internet service providers, cable TV providers; those who perform indirect services like the security, technical sales, and other support personnel; employees of their third-party contractors doing sales, installation, maintenance, and repair works)
4. Religious ministers and diplomats
Religious ministers, such as pastors, priests, and imams, who will be holding necrological or funeral rites, as well as heads of mission or designated foreign mission representatives and a limited number of their personnel, are exempted from the quarantine.
5. Media personnel
According to ABS-CBN News, media personnel, such as reporters, cameramen, and photographers, are permitted to travel within Luzon, given that they secure a media pass from the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO).ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
What other parents are reading
Enter your details below and receive weekly email guides on your baby's weight and height in cute illustration of Filipino fruits. PLUS get helpful tips from experts, freebies and more!
We sent a verification email. Can't find it? Check your spam, junk, and promotions folder.