Plan Your Vacations! The Official List Of Philippine Holidays For 2020 Is HerePresident Rodrigo Duterte has announced the dates for regular holidays and special non-working days in 2020.by Kitty Elicay .
If you’ve been saving up for a family vacation, a ‘Just Us, No Kids’ (J.U.N.K.) trip with your fellow moms, or alone time with the hubby, then you can now plan your vacation with ease as the official list of Philippine holidays for 2020 has just been released.
Proclamation No. 845, which declared the regular holidays and nine special non-working holidays for 2020, comes straight from the Malacañang Palace.
Here is the list of Philippine holidays for 2020:
Regular Philippine Holidays 2020
- New Year’s Day - January 1 (Wednesday)
- Araw ng Kagitingan and Maundy Thursday – April 9
- Good Friday – April 10
- Labor Day – May 1 (Friday)
- Independence Day – Jun 12 (Friday)
- National Heroes Day – August 31 (Last Monday of August)
- Bonifacio Day – November 30 (Monday)
- Christmas Day – December 25 (Friday)
- Rizal Day – December 30 (Wednesday)
2020 Special (Non-Working) Days in the Philippines
- Chinese New Year – January 25 (Saturday)
- EDSA People Power Revolution Anniversary – February 25 (Tuesday)
- Black Saturday – April 11
- Ninoy Aquino Day – August 21 (Friday)
- All Saints’ Day – November 1 (Sunday)
- Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary – December 8 (Tuesday)
- Last Day of the Year – December 31 (Thursday)
Additional special (non-working) days
- All Souls Day – November 2 (Monday)
- Christmas Eve – December 24 (Thursday)
In addition to the declared Philippine holidays 2020, there are two more national holidays for the observance of Eidul Fitr (around June 4 to 6) and Eidul Adha (around August 11 and 12) that have yet to be declared. (The Department of Education's school calendar for 2019-2020 lists the two holidays on June 6 and August 12, respectively.) It will be announced after the approximate dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined by the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF).ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Want to score cheaper flights? Click here for some tips and tricks!
More from Smart Parenting
Trending in Summit Network