- Labor & Childbirth 7 Exercises You Can Do At Home To Help Prepare You For Labor And Delivery
- Toddler Why Your Toddler Has a Favorite Parent (and What to Do If It's Not You)
- Your Kid’s Health Bawang At Pabango? Home Remedies Para Sa Sakit Ng Ngipin Mula Sa Dentista
- Money Is It Okay to Hide Money From Your Partner? An Expert's Advice
This Heavenly Coffee Crumble Ice Cream Cake Is So Easy To Make!It will satisfy your sweet tooth!by Kitty Elicay .
At the start of the community quarantine, many became obsessed with Dalgona, a sweet, coffee-based froth that you put on top of iced milk. In fact, the lockdown was a chance for all of us to experiment and discover food hacks, especially desserts (click here for more ideas!).
If you love caffeine and are looking for a new recipe, we’ve discovered an easy, yummy sweet treat that will satisfy all your cravings: coffee crumble ice cream cake. Think of it as a leveled-up refrigerator cake!
The recipe comes from mom Joy Nee, an overseas Filipino worker based in Malaysia with her husband and 6-year-old son. She tells SmartParenting.com.ph that it was an accidental discovery and that she made it because “namimiss ko ang pagkaing Pinoy.”
What other parents are readingADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
“May sinend sa’kin ‘yung pinsan ko na picture ng coffee crumble kasi alam niya mahilig ako sa kape at favorite flavor ko ‘yun,” Joy shares. “So sabi ko, gagawa na lang ako dito.”
While she was preparing the ingredients, she saw biscuits that her son no longer liked. “So naisip ko na ilagay sa ice cream, parang graham cake style. Wala rin kasing graham biscuits dito kaya sabi ko baka pwede rin ‘yun, biskwit din naman ‘yun,” she adds.
The recipe was a hit with her husband so Joy thought of making a video for her YouTube channel, where she usually uploads her recipes and discoveries. “Nakahiligan ko na rin magluto talaga kasi madami akong namimiss na food kaya inaral ko ‘yung mga recipes,” she says.
How to make a coffee crumble ice cream cakeADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
This dessert is so easy to make, plus the ingredients can be bought anywhere. Here’s a step-by-step:
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 3 tbsp coffee granules mixed with ¼ cup water (to mix with cream)
- 1 to 2 tbsp coffee granules mixed with water (for dipping graham crackers)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 pouches chilled all-purpose cream OR 2 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- Graham crackers
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Chopped dark chocolates and nuts (optional)
- Beat chilled cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add in chilled condensed milk (to lessen sweetnesss, don’t pour the whole can). Whip to form firm peaks.
- Add in coffee mixture and vanilla then whip again.
- Prepare another coffee mixture for dipping crackers or biscuits.
- Dip crackers in coffee and place inside container to create the first layer. Break pieces as needed to fill sides and corners.
- Smear whipped cream evenly over the crakers.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts and dark chocolate on top.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 until container is filled.
- Cover container with plastic wrap and freeze overnight. (If you want a ref cake-like texture, just chill in the fridge)
- Slice and enjoy!
Watch how Joy makes it below:
Want to learn how to make Yakult ice cream? Click here for a recipe!
What other parents are reading
Trending in Summit Network