10 Educational Shows That Make Learning Fun Without Kids Feeling Like They're StudyingThey're free to watch online!by Kitty Elicay .
You don’t want your kids to be facing screens all day, but with the enhanced community quarantine extended until May 15, you might find yourself running out of activities to keep the little ones entertained. If screen time is inevitable, streaming giant Netflix has some good news for parents: they’ve added some of their shows on YouTube for free!
Netflix shows you can watch for free
No, not the scripted series like Stranger Things, A Series of Unfortunate Events, or Trollhunters. Netflix has uploaded their selection of educational documentaries so kids can continue learning about science and technology, nature and environment, history, culture, famous people, and sports without feeling like they’re studying! And it’s not just for kids — the whole family can watch these fascinating shows together!
Here’s the complete list of what you can watch, plus what the shows and movies are all about.
1. Our Planet (ages 7 and up)
This 8-episode series shows the wonders of nature, from the planet’s diversity, jungles, coastal waters, deserts, deep sea, forests, and fresh water.
2. Chasing Coral (ages 7 and up)
This 90-minute documentary will teach your kids about coral reefs and why it’s important to save them.
3. Zion (ages 7 and up)
This documentary short follows the life of Zion Clark, a high school wrestler who was born without legs. Not only will your kids learn the meaning of resilience, persistence, and determination through this inspiring story, but they will also understand feelings of empathy and compassion for the disabled.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
4. Babies (ages 13 and up)
For the kids who want to see some cute babies (or maybe you want to see them, LOL)! It’s perfect for preparing future ates and kuyas for siblings, because the series will show them what’s it like to raise a tiny human.
Got older kids? Here are shows better suited for teens:
CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
- Explained – From the title itself, this series aim to enlighten viewers on a variety of topics from cryptocurrency, to diets to K-pop.
- Abstract – If your children are into arts, then this 8-episode series will get them hooked on the different aspects of design around the world from automotive, to architecture, to footwear.
- Period. End of Sentence – This documentary set in rural India shows how menstruation remains a stigma in the country and how the invention of a simple machine that makes low-cost sanitary pads are liberating the women and enabling them to carry on normal lives during their monthly periods.
- 13th – A documentary about mass imprisonment of black Americans.
- The White Helmets – This short documentary follows a group of first responders in Syria who risk their lives to rescue victims from the rubbles.
- Knock Down the House – The story of the young, female American congresswomen —including Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez — who went and won against big-money politicians during the 2018 elections.
What other parents are reading
Enter your details below and receive weekly email guides on your baby's weight and height in cute illustration of Filipino fruits. PLUS get helpful tips from experts, freebies and more!
We sent a verification email. Can't find it? Check your spam, junk, and promotions folder.
Don't Miss Out On These!